Wings of Hope Donations
In 2010, we donated $2,100 to The American Cancer Society.
In 2011, we donated almost $5,500 to The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
In 2012, we raised $7,600 and made a Silver Level donation to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. We were able to grant the wish of Dane, a 4 year old child fighting cancer. He and his family were able to make a lifelong memory together in Walt Disney World.
In 2013 we raised $5,600 for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
In 2014 we raised $13,000 for Make-A-Wish and For Pete’s Sake Cancer Respite Service during the Wings of Hope Benefit Concert in PA and “A Day at the Races” in NJ.
In 2015, the Wings of Hope Benefit Concert raised over $20,000. How much will the 2015 Golf Tournament add to that total?!
Grand Total to Date: Over $50,000
MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION FACTS:
- The mission of the Make-A-Wish Foundation is to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
- Founded in 1983, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-Atlantic has granted the wishes of more than 6,500 children fighting life-threatening medical conditions such as cancer, pediatric AIDS, cystic fibrosis, Duchene’s muscular dystrophy, kidney and heart disease.
- An eligible child: has reached the age of 2½ and is under the age of 18 at the time of referral; has been diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition; and has not received a wish from any other wish-granting organization.
THE V FOUNDATION FOR CANCER RESEARCH FACTS:
- A relatively young organization, The V Foundation has a strong presence in the scientific community. The Foundation is guided by an elite, all-volunteer Scientific Advisory Board who recommends the research projects funded. This Board is comprised of top physicians and research scientists from prominent universities and cancer centers throughout the country. Working with this team of talented professionals, we are proud to carry out Jim’s vision for the future.
- Jim’s dream of finding a cure for cancer is one shared by millions. Although we have not yet achieved this goal, every day we get a little bit closer and will continue to honor his inspiring words, “Don’t Give Up . . . Don’t Ever Give Up!”
FOR PETE’S SAKE CANCER RESPITE FOUNDATION FACTS:
- For Pete’s Sake enables cancer patients and their loved ones to strengthen, deepen and unify their relationships by creating unforgettable and lasting respite vacations. To learn more about For Pete’s Sake, visit www.takeabreakfromcancer.org.
Why Make a Wish & For Pete’s Sake?
Barbara loved a lot of things, but the thing she loved the most was being a grandmother. Her grandchildren brought out the best in her!
We feel that helping children who are battling cancer, a disease Barbara fought so hard to beat because she wanted more then anything to watch her grandchildren grow up – would be a positive way to honor her & make her own wish come true!
We were so fortunate to be able to take a break from cancer and get away to Rehoboth Beach, DE together with our mom in the summer of 2009. At the time we didn’t know it would be our final family trip; what a blessing that we were able to get away! We were able to make lasting memories together, take a break from cancer and do what matters most–enjoy our family and create memories that we will always treasure. For Pete’s Sake offers this invaluable and incredibly personal experience for families who deserve to Take a Break from Cancer.
Why The V Foundation?
We watched Barbara struggle through the various stages of cancer. From the initial diagnosis, through all of the treatments, through the brief time of remission and down to the last of her time with us…We, as her family, struggled right along with her.
Our wish is to find a cure for cancer so that other families don’t have to endure our struggle. The only way for this to happen is to continue supporting research efforts to end this horrific disease.
Why The American Cancer Society?
For over 100 years, the American Cancer Society (ACS) has worked relentlessly to save lives and create a world with less cancer. Together with millions of our supporters worldwide, we help people stay well and get well, find cures, and fight back against cancer.